We have prepare ncert line by line question answer for you which will help you to score well in the neet and class 11
CLASS 11 NEET CHAPTER 1 THE LIVING WOIRLD NCERT LINE BY LINE QUESTION WITH SOLUTION
THE QUESTION ARE AS FOLLOWS AND THE ANSWER ARE GIVEN BELOW
1) is called the Darwin of 20th century.
2) Ernst Mayr was born at , Germany/England.
3) Ernst Mayr is known for
4) Increase in and are twin characteristics of growth.
5) Growth and reproduction are mutually exclusive in
6) Living organism grow intrinsically/extrinsically.
7) Growth is a defining property of living organism. T/F
8) Reproduction is a defining property of living organism. T/F
9) In , true regeneration is seen.
10) Fragmentation is seen in . . .
11) In , growth is synonymous with reproduction.
12) , don’t reproduce.
13) Define Metabolism
14) An isolated metabolic reaction outside the body, performed in a test tube is non living. T/F
15) Metabolism is a defining feature of living organisms. T/F
16) Isolated metabolic reactions are living reactions. T/F
17) Isolated metabolic reactions are non living things. T/F
18) Cellular organisation is a defining feature. T/F
19) Tell all the defining features of living organisms. (3)
20) Most obvious and technically complicated feature on living organism is (NEET)
21) Photoperiod affects reproduction in animals. T/F 22) Only organism which is aware of himself is _ because it have
23) Properties of tissues are present in the constituent cells. T/F
24) Properties of cellular organelle arise due to –
25) Number of species known and described range between – million/billion. (NEET)
26) Agreed principles and criteria for plants are provided by
27) Animals are named by
28) Founder of Taxonomy is
29) Carolus Linnaeus gave (NEET)
30) Biological names are generally in and written in
31) Specific epithet starts with a small letter. T/F
32) Classification is based on some easily observable characters. T/F
33) What is a taxa ?
34) “Wheat”, “Human”, “animal”, they all are taxa. T/F
35) Basis of modern taxonomic studies are (5)
36) The process of classification is called
37) 4 processes which are basic to taxonomy are –
38) Earlier classification were on the basis of
39) ‘systema’ means systematic arrangement of organism. T/F
40) Linnaeus title of publication was (NEET)
41) Systematics take into account evolutionary relationships between the organisms. T/F
42) The taxonomic groups are distinct biological entities and not merely morphological aggregates. T/F
43) Name the taxonomic categories from highest to lowest.
44) Solanum genus include which three species?
45) Panthera include which 3 species?
46) Potato scientific name
47) Brinjal scientific name
48) Makoi scientific name
49) Felis genus include?
50) Families are characterized on the basis of __ and features of plant species.
51) Family Solanaceae contains genera (3)
52) Family of leopard is
53) Felidae contains genus and
54) Suffix of family is _ in plants and in animals.
55) Suffix of order is in plants.
56) Order polymoniales contains family and based on characters. 57) Carnivora is a order. T/F 58) It include family _ and
59) Mammalia contains order and
60) As we go lower in taxa, number of common characteristics increase. T/F
61) Family and order of housefly? (NEET)
62) Genus, family and order of wheat?
63) Family and order of humans? (NEET)
64) Family and order of mango? (NEET)
65) Definition of Herbarium?
66) is serve as a quick referral system in taxonomic studies.
67) Herbarium sheet carry label providing info about 7 things. Name them.
68) What are botanical gardens?
69) Each plant label indicate its name and _
70) Kew is located in _
71) Name three famous botanical garden and where they are situated.
72) In museum, insects are preserved after , and
73) How are larger animals preserved?
74) Museums have collection of skeleton of animals too. T/F (NEET)
75) Zoological parks help us to learn about animal _ and
76) Key is used to identify plant only. T/F
77) Keys are based on generally in a pair called _
78) Each statement in the key is called a 79) Separate taxonomic keys are not required for each taxonomic category. T/F 80) Keys are _ in nature.
81) _ contains the actual account of habitat and distribution of plants of a given area.
82) Manuals are useful for –
83) Monographs contain
84) What is Catalogue ?
CLASS 11 NEET CHAPTER 1 THE LIVING WOIRLD NCERT LINE BY LINE QUESTIONS SOLUTION
1) Ernst Mayr
2) Kempten, Germany
3) Give the definition of biological species
4) Mass and number
5) Higher plants and animals
10) Fungi, filamentous algae, protonema o mosses
11) Unicellular organism
12) Mules and sterile workers bees
13) Sum total of all chemical reactions occurring
in our body
19) Metabolism, consciousness, cellular organization
22) Human, self-consciousness
24) interactions among the molecular components
comprising the organelle
25) 1.7-1.8 million
28) Carolus Linnaeus
29) Binomial Nomenclature
30) Latin, italics
32) True (NCERT line P.g. No – 7)
33) Convenient categories used to study organisms
35) External structure, internal structure, cell
structure, developmental process and ecological
information of organism
37) Characterisation, Identification, Classification
and Nomenclature (CICN)
38) Uses of organism
40) Systema Naturae
43) Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus,
(Mnemonic – Kind People Can Often Find Great Sex)
44) Nigrum, melongena, tuberosum
45) Leo, tigris, pardus
46) Solanum tuberosum
47) Solanum melongena
48) Solanum nigrum
50) Vegetative and reproductive
51) Solanum, Petunia, Datura
53) Panthera and Felis
54) -aceae, -dae
56) Convolvulaceae, Solanaceae, floral
58) Felidae and canidae
59) Primata and Carnivora
• TAXONOMIC AIDS
65) Herbarium is a store house of collected plant
specimens that are dried, pressed and preserved on
67) date and place of collection, English, local and
botanical names, family, collector’s name
68) They have collection of living plants for
69) Scientific , family
71) Kew (England), Indian Botanical Garden, Howrah
(India) and National Botanical Research Institute,
72) Collecting, killing and pinning
75) Food habitats and behaviour
77) Contrasting characters, couplet
82) Book having listing and description of plant in a
83) Info about any one taxon
84) Alphabetical arrangement of species